Have you wondered which is the most successful social media? When we hear this word, our mind automatically creates a picture of a tool that allows people to share or exchange useful information, various ideas and pictures/videos in virtual networks and communities. Basically a social media is a platform to build social relations among people anywhere across the world. A platform needed for connecting people is known as a Social Site. We all are so used to these sites that we are use them from dawn to dusk. Some of the well known names are Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
Facebook is by far the most popular and successful social media. People from all walks of life are aware about Facebook. Let us know how.
What are the most important features of Facebook?
- For attracting people to anything, the most common thing that creates an impact is the theme appearance. The website’s main colour is blue. It is said, the founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg is red-green colour-blind and according to him blue is the richest colour as he can see all of blue. This blue colour has a catchy effect which is liked by people.
- Anyone who is at least 13 years old is allowed to become a registered user of the website which is a mark of convenience in usage.
- It’s availability on many mobile devices with an official Facebook application on IOS, Android, Windows and much more, allows users to continuously stay in touch with their dearer ones as long as there is internet access.
- It contains a News Feed which appears on every user’s homepage which highlights information including profile changes, birthdays of friends, upcoming events etc.
- The format of individual user pages known as either a profile or personal timeline can create users with pictures and images, lists of personal interests, contact information, memorable events, their status etc.
- Users can communicate with friends through public and private messages i.e. chat feature including website URL, images and video content for sharing useful information.
- One of the most popular applications on Facebook is the Photos application, where users can upload unlimited number of albums and photos of memorable moments of their life with additional privacy settings.
- Different social organizations including NGOs, community centres have their pages on Facebook so that they can reach a wider audience and people can join them and follow them on their official pages. From these pages, organizations can connect with their audience in real time through post updates.
- Some more features are social games for different age groups, video calling, video viewing, like button which shows appreciation which creates an impact of personality in everyone’s mind.
Facebook satisfies all age groups
Basically, Facebook has created a path which is satisfying the needs of all age groups and is creating a deep impact in their hearts. It has conquered all ages and is still receiving thousands of sign ups day by day. Facebook satisfies the needs of the upcoming generation. The secret behind Facebook’s success is the nature of comfort which is it provides and because it shares love among people.
Author: Harshita Dhawan