Out of several Digital Marketing strategies, PPC Ads or Pay-per-click search advertising is a commonly sought after advertising technique with a common perception that it achieves sales.
However is it really that easy? Let us look at some Challenges for Google Search PPC Ads
Challenge 1 >> PPC ads achieving very low click-through rates
You have set up your PPC Ads Campaign with a big bang but are getting very few clicks!
The reasons can be anything from:
- Not using a Call To Action in the Ad Copy
- Ad Copy not inviting or attractive enough
- Ad copy does not convey clearly
- The bid is too less and the ad is hardly shown at all i.e. very few impressions.
- Keyword research is improper so your ad is showing for incorrect keywords
- Negative keywords are not used which again means irrelevant searches may be showing your ad.
- Other targeting methods like Geographic, Demographic, Device, Time is off the mark.
- The quality score is poor i.e. Landing page is not relevant to the ad & keywords
Even if you get the above right, experts say that in the extreme competitive scenario today, it is very unlikely you would achieve more than 5% percent click-through rate (CTR).
Unfortunately, not many people achieve this magic figure. With poorly planned and inaccurate campaigns, majority of advertisers get stuck around 0.5 to 1 percent which is pretty low.
Challenge 2 >> Conversion rate is pathetic
Sometimes, there are a good number of clicks and a high CTR is achieved by making attractive ad copies and increasing the bids. But there is hardly any purchase. Thus, you end up paying a sizeable amount without getting any business.
Again the reasons can be anything from:
- The landing page is irrelevant or does not suitable convey the service offered
- The landing page does not instruct the user how to make a purchase or does not contain contact details or provide a form to generate leads.
- Showing for irrelevant keywords can also be the reason as mentioned above
Has your previous experience in PPC Ads not given you the results you wanted and you feel there are too many challenges and issues?
Not exactly – PPC Ads can be a real value proposition to achieve sales and profits if done correctly, with the right targeting, the right kind of landing pages, the right budgets & appropriate analysis of metrics.
Here are the 7 steps to approach PPC Ads:
- You can start with a nominal investment initially. You can decide about the maximum money to be spent on PPC but make sure it is a reasonable amount. Too less of a spend, and you may not get any impressions at all!
- Make an appropriate ad design with Call To Action (CTA). Use facilities like phone extension, sitelink extensions and display URLs to enhance clarity and attractiveness of the ad.
- The Landing page is very important because it must contain content relevant to the search term, relevant to the keywords and look inviting to the user.
- A form to generate leads & contact details is a must on every landing page. If you are using it for direct sales, it should showcase your product with easy instructions to buy/ add to cart.
- Use the right negative keywords – Many companies run PPC ads only to discover that the clicks achieved were from users looking for jobs in the company and not potential customers who wanted to hire the company’s services. In such a scenario, words like career, job, resume etc. can be used as negatives to filter out irrelevant traffic.
- Run PPC ads with a combination of Google remarketing ads. So users who left the site for whatever reason can still be chased. Very often, that chase is very convincing and instrumental in finally achieving a sale.
- PPC gives a worldwide exposure to you. Since you can reach any customer around the world, the potential is unlimited. To grab the attention of local consumers, you can alter the PPC campaign accordingly. Thus, you have a highly flexible tool in hand.
If you compare with organic SEO, then PPC ads can be extremely effective in bringing a faster response. However, they are not interchangeable. Rather, PPC and Organic SEO should be used jointly to make your products and services effective and visible.
It is very much important that you hire the services of a seasoned PPC Ads consultant to overcome the situation.
Spree Marketing is one of the leading solution providers in PPC Ads
When you need help to make PPC ads effective, call a seasoned company like Spree Marketing and take the first step towards achieving your goals.