Benefits of Content Marketing
Many of you have heard about content writing but are not really sure whether and how content marketing is helpful. We will clarify your question in this article.
Firstly, Content Marketing is defined as ‘Marketing that involves the creation, sharing and publishing of media and content to attract a defined target audience – with the intention of achieving a profitable customer action’. In this series we bring to you some statistics about content marketing that will clarify your questions on whether it is useful and to what extent it can help. We have compiled these statistics from a number of independent surveys and researches. Our objective is to create an awareness of the value of content.
You will also eventually see the purpose of writing compelling content once the benefits of content marketing become clear to you.
Content marketing is taking over the marketing industry
- 27 million pieces of content are shared each day
- 90% of organizations market with content
- 75% of chief marketing officers agree that content is the future of marketing
- 55% of brands do not have a dedicated content director
- 80% of marketers report their organizations are shifting to branded content
- 72% of marketers consider branded content to be more effective than advertising in a magazine
- 69% say it is superior to direct email
- 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing
- 65% of B2B content marketers say their biggest challenge is producing enough content
Blogging creates more traffic and more leads
- Each month, 350 million people read blogs.
- Blogs give sites 435% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable content type for marketing
- Companies that blog 15+ times a month get 5 times more traffic than companies that don’t blog
- Companies with an active blog report 97% more leads
Content fuels our social web
- Content from reputable sources is most shared
- 90% of users listen to recommendations shared by friends.
- 73% of all industry specific twitter posts include content sharing
- 99% of people who share via social networks are sharing via multiple platforms
- Clicks from shared content are 5 times more likely to result in a purchase
- 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content
- 34% of marketers have generated leads on twitter
- 80% of users prefer to connect with brands on facebook
- 58% of consumers trust editorial content
- People want to be in control of the content they receive – 86% skip TV ads, 44% of direct email is never opened, 91% people unsubscribe from a mailing list they previously subscribed to.
Visual content captures consumers
- 90% of the information that comes to the brain is visual
- Articles with images get 94% more views than those without
- 40% of people respond better to visual inforation than text
- 46% of people say a website’s design is the #1 criterion for deciding the credibility of the company
- Posts with videos attract 3 times as many inbound links than plain text posts
- In a custom council study, 62% of respondents reported using video in their content marketing
- 75% of smartphone users watch video on their phones, 26% of them use video at least once a day
Content marketing generates leads
- Content creation was ranked as the single most effective SEO tactic by 53% people
- 57% of B2B businesses say SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation.
- Conversion rates are 105% higher for consumers who interact with ratings and product reviews
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site Consumers who received email marketing spend 83% more when shopping
- Organic search leads have a 15% close rate while outbound marketing leads have a 1.7% close rate
Investing in content marketing is critical to building your business
- Marketers spend nearly 1/3rd of their budget on content marketing
- 54% of marketers say they will increase their content marketing spending in the next 12 months Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing
- Content marketing generates at least 3 times more leads than traditional marketing for the same amount spent
- $120 billion was spent on content marketing, video & social media last year
- 55% of B2C marketers plan to increase their investment in branded content
- Social media advertising spend will touch $9 billion by 2015
We hope you liked this post on Benefits of Content Marketing and can now see the business significance of availing Content Marketing Services especially original, relevant & compelling content. Do share your queries & experiences through the comments box below.
Contact Spree Marketing directly for SEO Services and Content Marketing Services.
Write to us or Call +91-9867222648.